15 April 2013

I hit a wall!

I think that everybody knows the feeling that I'm on about. Some people have it over creating content on sites like YouTube, some have it halfway through writing a novel and others have it twenty miles into a marathon. It's that mental wall, the block when you just get stuck and can't think what you want to do next. I've written about four unfinished blog posts so far and I haven't been happy with any of them.

I've tried writing about a programme that I became addicted to - got about one hundred words in and then bam ... nothing.

I've tried analysing Sherlock Holmes detective skills. Let's just say it got very boring, very quickly.

I've even tried just writing about my daily life and that would have probably put anyone reading it to sleep in about three seconds. I don't lead all that much of an interesting life.

Don't get me wrong, I love being able to get my opinions across on things, but sometimes I find it difficult to get those opinions written down rather than explaining verbally.

I even hit a wall writing this post. I just stopped and couldn't think where to go next. I'd rather take the time to publish something that I was happy with than publish a half-hearted idea. That's why I keeping this post short, I'm leaving it where I'm happy with it, than a thousand word ramble about something I could say in one hundred.

I find the ideas behind this wall an interesting topic. There can be many different causes, like feeling you don't know where to go next with your story, or you do but don't know what to write to get there well. In sport the wall is when there is a depletion of glycogen stores in the muscles and liver. This appears as a loss of energy and sudden fatigue.

There are of course ways of overcoming these walls. Some find that in order to get there creativity up, they need to have a break and go and do something different for a bit. Others would look around their lives as they are for that hint of inspiration. Whatever it takes, we need to overcome these walls that life throws in front of us, as it is only then that we can showcase the best of ourselves. At least, that's what I feel.

With love,
anonymous x

No comments:

Post a Comment